Slow cooker sweet and spiced nuts are a delicious mix of sweet, salty, spicy, and crunchy! Candied nuts are quick and easy to make in a crockpot - just dump all the ingredients in and walk away. P.S. As they cook your entire home with the most amazing smell! Eat 'em as a snack, serve at parties, or give as gifts! Yum.
The Best Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Nuts!
Sweet and Spicy. These candies nuts get their sweetness from white and brown sugar and are combined with spices such as ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne pepper. Adjust the amount of cayenne for your heat level, or you can omit it if you don't want any heat.
Easy Dump it in Recipe. Who doesn't love a super simple recipe where you just dump all the ingredients in and walk away? Well, this is it.
All Occasion. Candied nuts make a great snack for work, hiking, picnics, Sunday football, and holidays. They're a hit with any crowd! P.S. These make wonderful holiday gifts! Find cute jars, tie a ribbon around them, and then add a tag. Perfect!
Crock Pot Nuts Recipe Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these slow cooker candied nuts:
- Unsalted Roasted Mixed Nuts: I used a blend with almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, and macadamia nuts--you can use any variety.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter to control how much salt is in the recipe.
- Granulated Sugar: use regular sugar or a sugar substitute if you prefer.
- Brown Sugar: substitute with a sugar alternative if desired.
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Cayenne Pepper: start with ⅛ of a teaspoon and increase up to ¼ teaspoon or more if desired.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Substitutions and Variations
Here are some suggestions for customizing your crockpot candied spiced nuts:
- Use a small amount of maple syrup in place of the brown sugar in this recipe. Syrup is a bit more potent in flavor and sweetened intensity so add to taste a little at a time.
- Use any combination of unsalted roasted or toasted nuts, but be used as long as they equal to a 4-cup equivalent. If salted nuts are used - be very careful how much you add to the recipe, or it will be too much. Start with a small amount, then taste.
- Toast your own nuts by preheating an oven to 350 degrees F. Place the nuts (remove any skin) on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Adjust any seasonings as desired.
- Pumpkin pie spice may be used in place of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves called for in the recipe.
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest! 🙂
How To Make Sweet and Spicy Nuts in Slow Cooker
1. Add all ingredients to a 3-6 quart greased slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the nuts in a single layer across the baking sheet. Cool for at least 1 hour.
Tip: The nuts will be soft when they are hot, so make sure you let them cool on the baking sheet so they can harden. This will give you the delicious candy coating that everyone loves!
Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts FAQ's
Once cooled, transfer the nuts to an air-tight container. Spiced nuts will keep up to 1 month if stored in a pantry.
Yes, you can put spices in a slow cooker. It is important to remember that while things slowly cook, the amount of flavor either heightens or diminishes (depending upon the spice and water content in the crockpot), so it is important to taste and adjust the spices at the end of the cooking process.
Add spices according to the recipe you are following. Most commonly you add them at the beginning of your cooking process. The ingredients will absorb the spices while cooking if they are present. You can always add more spices to taste after cooking.
Crockpot Candied Nuts Recipe
- 4 cups unsalted roasted mixed nuts (we used a blend with almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, and macadamia nuts)
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (use ¼ teaspoon (or more) if you like it spicier)
- Grease the inside of a crockpot (or use a liner sprayed with nonstick spray). Add all ingredients to a 3 to 6-quart slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring halfway through and at the end.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the nuts in a single layer across the baking sheet. Cool for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Maple syrup could be substituted for the brown sugar; any combination of unsalted roasted or toasted nuts may be used as long as you have a 4 cup equivalent. To toast your own nuts, preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Place nuts (remove any skin) on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- TIPS: Nuts will be soft after cooking but will harden once cooled.
- STORAGE: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats
More Recipes To Try!
- 3 Ingredient Rotel Dip Crock Pot Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe
- Restaurant Style Crockpot Salsa Recipe
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese Crock Pot Recipe
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie in Slow Cooker
- Easy Peach Cobbler Crock Pot Recipe
- Hot Mulled Apple Cider Crock Pot Recipe
- Crockpot Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Crock Pot Grape Jelly Chili Sauce Meatballs Recipe
- Juicy Slow Cooker Pork Loin BBQ Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu with Stuffing
- Crockpot Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Crock Pot Apple Crisp with Cake Mix
- Crock Pot Molten Lava Cake Recipe
- Crockpot Apple Crisp
- Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip