You'll love this easy slow cooker rotel dip! Customize any add-ins you'd like to, or make it as is with only THREE ingredients. Super flavorful, creamy, cheesy, and foolproof to make! You've got to try this recipe for your family or your next party.
Why You'll Love This Rotel Cheese Dip Crock Pot Recipe
Easy, 3 Ingredients! You just need processed American cheese such as Velveeta, canned chili with no beans, and of course, Rotel! Choose mild, regular, or hot Rotel to adjust your spice level.
No beans. I use no bean chili in this recipe as a preference but feel free to use chili with beans if you would like to!
Best flavor. The seasonings from the chili, creamy cheese, and rotel tomatoes with green chili make for a super flavorful, crowd-pleasing dip that everyone will love. Bonus: it's pocket friendly as it's only 3 ingredients!
Crock Pot Rotel Dip Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this creamy, cheesy rotel dip:
- Rotel: canned diced tomatoes and green chilies. Use any spice level for your tolerance.
- Processed American Cheese: use Velveeta or store brand.
- Canned Chili: you can use chili with or without beans based on preference.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later! 😉
How To Make Rotel Dip in Crock Pot
Here's how to make this easy slow cooker rotel dip:
Spray crock with nonstick spray. Add Rotel, cheese cubes, and chili. Cover and cook on low for 1 to 2 hours.
Stir dip periodically. Once the cheese is melted, turn the slow cooker to warm and serve!
Hint: Don't skip spraying your crockpot with nonstick spray! This will help prevent any dip from sticking to the sides and bottom, making cleanup much easier afterward.
How to Serve It
There are several ways you can serve your delicious crockpot Rotel dip!
Serve this dip warm out of the crockpot for the best cheesy dip.
Serve with your favorite chips, such as tortilla chips, corn chip scoops, or your other favorites!
Serve with cut-up vegetables to make a delicious keto-friendly party pleasing dip.
Add a packet of taco seasoning for extra flavor...yum!
Here are some suggestions for customizing your crock pot Rotel dip:
- Substitute half a pound of cooked and drained ground sausage or browned ground beef in place of the chili with no beans.
- Use your favorite salsa in place of the canned Rotel if you would like! You can use any heat level of salsa as well in this recipe.
- You can use the classic golden Velveeta cheese, or feel free to use a different processed cheese such as white cheddar or pepper jack.
- Add a block of cream cheese to your cheese mixture for an even creamier cheese dip!
Slow Cooker Tips
Tip #1: Stir your dip frequently to prevent burning.
Tip #2: No need to drain your Rotel! The extra moisture will help the cheese melt and mix easier together.
Tip #3: Double or triple this recipe with ease! Make as much as you need for your party size.
The two main steps you can take to help prevent the cheese dip from burning to your crockpot are by using a non-stick spray before adding your ingredients and by stirring often! You can use a crockpot liner to make cleanup easier afterward as well, but it is not required.
No, it does not need to be drained! The little liquid in the can, can be added to the dip because it is so little, and it will help the cheese mix together. It also adds great flavor to add to the dip!
Store your leftover dip in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, and remember to cover it to prevent a mess. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Continue cooking in 30-second increments and stir between each time. You can also heat it in a saucepan on the stove until the cheese is melted and heated to your desired temperature.
Easy Slow Cooker Rotel Dip
- 1 (10.5 ounce can) rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce block) processed American cheese (use Velveeta or store brand, cut into 2" cubes)
- 1 (15 ounce can) chili, no beans
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray. Add rotel, cheese cubes, and chili. Cover and cook on low for 1 to 2 hours or until the dip is melted, stirring periodically.
- Once cheese is melted turn the slow cooker to warm setting and serve.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Substitute ½ pound of cooked and drained ground sausage or ground beef in place of chili no beans. Salsa can be used instead of rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- TOP TIPS: Stir dip frequently to prevent burning.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve warm with tortilla chips, corn chips, or raw vegetables.
© 2024 Slow Cooked Eats