You'll love this 5-ingredient easy crock pot apple cider recipe with its wonderful blend apple cider and orange with mulled spices - your house will smell amazing!! The perfect Fall cozy drink to serve your family or at the next get-together.
Best Warm Apple Cider in Crock Pot Recipe
Ahhh the flavor and scent. You'll love the blend or orange drink mix with fresh apple cider and just the right amount of spice. This slow cooker apple cider smells amazing and your guests and family will be super happy!
5 ingredients. You may already have all the needed ingredients in your pantry! For this recipe, we use apple cider, orange drink mix, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and cloves.
Spike it. Serve your hot homemade apple cider as is for the family, or make hot spiked apple cider by adding spiced rum! Add more or less to your desired taste, or use a different alcohol, such as an apple-flavored vodka.
Hot Apple Cider Recipe Slow Cooker Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make crockpot apple cider:
- Apple Cider: you can use a store-bought apple cider and use any brand you prefer. You can also use fresh orchard apple cider from your local orchard!
- Orange Drink Mix: I have used Crystal Light and the Great Value brands, and both are great! You can also use Tang if you have it on hand. All should equal enough to make 2 quarts(dry mix only, no added water).
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Ground Nutmeg
- Whole Cloves
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Substitutions and Variations
- Spiked homemade apple cider: Add 8 to 12 ounces of spiced rum to your cider. You can add more or less to taste.
- Add fresh orange slices to your crockpot for an even more aromatic, fresh citrus flavor.
- A little bit of fresh ginger will give this some zip and a bit of spice.
- Lemon apple cider: use lemonade dry mix instead of the orange dry mix. Add fresh lemon slices, if desired, then as well.
- Use a 12-ounce frozen pulp-free orange juice concentrate instead of the orange dry mix.
- Adjust any seasonings to taste.
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest! 🙂
How To Make Slow Cooker Apple Cider
Here's how to make this easy homemade apple cider:
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
2. Cover and cook on low until hot. Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves with a strainer before serving.
How to Serve It
Feel free to float slices of apple and oranges on top of the cider before serving.
Garnish with a thinly sliced fresh apple or orange pieces (with the peel on) on top of your mug with a cinnamon stick on top or on the side.
Serve directly out of the crockpot so that it stays warm for however long you need to; otherwise, you can transfer to a punch-style bowl with a ladle for serving.
- I've found that the best hot apple cider recipes start with a quality apple cider. Try to use fresh apple cider from your local grocery store or, if in season, from a local orchard for the best flavor.
- Use a mesh strainer to filter out any seasonings prior to serving.
- Double or triple the recipe if needed for larger parties.
- Extras can be reheated or even frozen for later.
Slow Cooker Apple Cider FAQ's
Once cooled, you can store in an air-tight container or pitcher in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze it for up to 5 months.
My two favorite ways to reheat is by microwaving in 30-second increments until your desired temperature is reached. The other option is to heat in a saucepan on the stove until hot.
Mulled wine is made with red wine served hot and mixed with mulling spices. Mulling spices typically include cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and citrus. Mulled cider is an alcohol-free option made of apple cider with those same mulling spices.
This recipe is perfect for keeping the apple cider hot because it is made in a crockpot. You can serve it right from the crockpot to keep it hot for longer.
You can serve crockpot spiced apple cider alone for a festive fall drink, and you can also pair it with so many other fall favorites! Serve with dessert like an apple or pumpkin pie, apple cider donuts, or any of your other favorites!
Easy Hot Spiced Cider Crock Pot Recipe
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 2-quart pitcher packet dry orange drink mix (Sugar free Crystal Light or a store-brand like Great Value Orange Early Rise. An equivalent amount of dry Tang mix may be used (enough dry mix to make 2-quarts). Do not add water.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add apple cider, dry orange-flavored drink mix, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and nutmeg to a 6-quart crockpot. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or until hot. Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves before serving.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: 1 (12-ounce) container pulp free frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed may be used; Dry lemonade mix may be used. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- SPIKED APPLE CIDER COCKTAIL: Add 8 to 12 ounces of spiced rum (add to taste).
- TIPS: Fresh apple cider in the produce section has the best flavor.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a cinnamon stick or float a thin slice of fresh orange (with peel on) on top.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats