You will love this easy crock pot pumpkin pie recipe made with only 6 ingredients! This crustless pumpkin pie is filled with your favorite pumpkin pie spices and has the best creamy texture. Serve with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, and a small mint leaf on top for the ultimate dessert this holiday season!
The Best Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Recipe!
Super Easy! Make a delicious homemade pumpkin pie in your crockpot--because we all know that oven space is limited, especially around the holidays! Beat the eggs, sugar substitute, salt, and pumpkin pie spice--stir in the pumpkin and heavy cream, and you're ready to bake!
Crustless Pie. So good you won't miss the crust! The perfect healthier dessert option for anyone around the holidays--no one will miss the crust after tasting this delicious pie!
Best Flavor. This pie tastes like there are a lot more than 6 ingredients! Classic pumpkin pie spice with pumpkin puree, heavy cream, sugar, and a whole lotta love make this the best pumpkin pie.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this crock pot pumpkin pie:
- Large Eggs
- Granulated Sugar: substitute with a sugar alternative if desired. Make sure to use an alternative with a 1:1 ratio.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Evaporated Milk: this adds creaminess to your pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: you can find this spice blend with all the other spices at your local grocery store. It is a combination of allspice, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Super flavorful and SO good in this recipe.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Substitutions and Variations
Here are some suggestions for customizing your crock pot pumpkin pie:
- Use a sugar substitute in place of granulated sugar to reduce added sugar.
- Use half and half in place of heavy cream.
- Use ground cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves if you do not have a pumpkin pie spice blend.
- Use a pie crust if you desire. You will need to pre-bake the crust before adding your pumpkin pie filling.
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest! 🙂
How To Make Crustless Pumpkin Pie (Slow Cooker)
Here's how to make this easy slow cooker crustless pumpkin pie:
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar(or substitute), salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin and heavy cream.
2. Using half the filling fill 4 custard dishes evenly.
3. Pour 2 cups of hot water into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place custard dishes on the bottom.
4. Cover and cook on low until done. Remove from the crockpot, cool completely, and then refrigerate. Repeat for remaining ramekins.
Hint: This recipe makes 8 small personal-size pumpkin pies. Standard-sized slow cookers won't hold 8 at a time, but 4 at a time can be done. If you only want 4, you can freeze the filling for another time in the future!
How to Serve It
Serve crock pot pumpkin pie with a dollop of regular or low-sugar Cool Whip. You can also use whipped cream, either store-bought or homemade!
Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a small mint leaf.
Crumble some gingerbread cookies over the top for an added texture if desired.
Make pie crust cutouts for garnish if desired--make in advance to save time. Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes out of any pie crust and bake until golden brown. Let them cool, and add on top for garnish.
Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Tips
- Place a layer of paper towel under your crockpot lid to prevent condensation from dripping onto your pie.
- Try to resist opening your crockpot while it is cooking. Removing the lid will allow the heat to escape and will result in a longer cooking time.
- Make your single-serve pies 1-2 days ahead of time. You can also freeze the filling and thaw it in the fridge when ready to use.
Once cooled, store in the fridge in either an air-tight pie container or cover with saran wrap. You can store this pie for up to 5 days in the fridge.
If you are using fresh pumpkin to make a pumpkin pie, it is best to use a pie pumpkin, which is usually sugar pumpkin. They are small and round in size and can come in either white or orange. In a pinch and for convenience, I use canned pureed pumpkin and add my own spices and sugar.
Actually, no, they are not the same thing. Canned pumpkin is just plain pureed pumpkin without any additives to it. In contrast, pumpkin pie filling is pureed pumpkin with sugar and spices in it already. So, when you are adding your own spices, make sure you get a plain, pureed canned pumpkin.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized bowl beat eggs, granulated sugar substitute, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin and heavy cream. Mix well
- Using only half of the filling, evenly fill 4 of the custard dishes.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the custard dishes on the bottom.
- Cover and cook on low for 2½ to 4 hours, or until knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Remove from the crockpot. Cool completely, then refrigerate. Repeat the process with the remaining 4 ramekins.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- AUTHOR'S NOTE: This recipe makes 8 small personal-size pumpkin pies. Most crockpots cannot hold this many custard cups. I usually cook 4 at a time, 1 to 2 days ahead of time. The actual cooking process is totally hands-off and quite easy. If you only want 4 - it is much easier to freeze the rest of the filling so it's ready for the next time the craving strikes, rather than try and halve the recipe. Enjoy!
- VARIATIONS: Line the bottom of a crockpot with aluminum foil. Pour in the batter and cook 2½ to 4 hours, or until the knife inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- TIP TIPS: These pies can be made 1 to 2 days ahead of time. The pie filling can be made and frozen in advance. Thaw in the refrigerator.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, crumbled gingersnaps, and a small mint leaf. Top with small pie crust cutouts if desired. See below.
- PIE CRUST CUTOUTS: (Can be made in advance.) Because this is a crustless pie, I love to cut fall shapes out of refrigerated pie crust then bake and place on top for decoration. Bake the cutouts at 450 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or until they are lightly golden. Let cool before placing on the pies.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats