These super famous crockpot grape jelly chili sauce meatballs are always a hit, whether they are served as an appetizer at your next party or served as a main entree served over rice and spooned with extra sauce. No one can resist these sweet, tangy, mildly spicy meatballs! Bonus for you: only need 3 ingredients are needed! 🙂
- Why You'll Love Grape Jelly Meatballs Slow Cooker Recipe
- Frozen Meatballs Grape Jelly Chili Sauce Crock Pot Ingredients
- How To Make Slow Cooker Meatballs Grape Jelly recipe
- How to Serve Grape Jelly Chili Sauce Meatballs Crockpot Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tips
- 📖 Recipe
- More Crockpot Recipes
- 💬 Comments
Why You'll Love Grape Jelly Meatballs Slow Cooker Recipe
Super Easy. Dump it all in. This recipe is fail-proof! You just need to throw the meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce into your crock pot and give it a little mix before putting the cover on and leaving it.
Appetizer or Dinner. This is one of my favorite things to make for any family gathering, work party, or any other occasion because they are delicious, a crowd favorite, and you only need three ingredients! Make them for dinner by serving rice or noodles and add your favorite veggies.
Sweet, Tangy & Spicy. I think the reason why everyone loves these crockpot meatballs is that they are sweet from grape jelly, a little tangy and spicy from the chili sauce, and they are simple yet delicious. It's a great combination of flavors that is simply addicting!
Frozen Meatballs Grape Jelly Chili Sauce Crock Pot Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these crockpot meatballs:
- Frozen Meatballs: use any brand of regular or original flavored meatballs you would like. I do not recommend using Italian flavored meatballs.
- Grape Jelly: use any preferred brand or kind of grape jelly. Use no sugar added, and add your desired artificial sweetener for taste if you would like.
- Chili Sauce: you can use any brand or spice level of sauce desired. (I used Heinz Chili Sauce)
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Slow Cooker Meatballs Grape Jelly recipe
Here's how to make these easy slow cooker meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce:
- Add frozen meatballs to the crockpot, then top with chili sauce and grape jelly.
2. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours or until meatballs are done.
Hint: Your meatballs are done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F when check with a thermometer. This is a safe temperature to consume the meatballs.
How to Serve Grape Jelly Chili Sauce Meatballs Crockpot Recipe
There are several ways you can serve your amazing crockpot meatballs in grape jelly chili sauce!
Serve as an appetizer straight out of the crockpot with toothpicks.
Create meatball sliders when served on dinner rolls. Top with provolone cheese and extra sauce!
Add Asian-style vegetables to make an easy meatball stir-fry served over rice. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
Meal idea! Serve these grape jelly meatballs over your favorite rice or noodles. Add your favorite steamed vegetable side such as broccoli or cauliflower, as a side.
Here are some suggestions for customizing your crockpot meatballs in grape jelly and chili sauce:
- Use jellied cranberry sauce in place of grape jelly. You could also use whole-berry cranberry sauce if desired.
- Barbecue sauce can be used in place of chili sauce. To get that sweet and spicy taste use a spicier barbecue sauce.
- Make your own fresh meatballs in place of premade ones. Be sure to sear the meatballs before putting them into the crockpot to prevent them from breaking apart.
- Exchange sweet chili sauce instead of regular Heinz chili sauce if you want a mildly spicy and sweet sauce.
- Add extra spice by adding chopped jalapeno peppers or your favorite pepper variety. You could also add crushed red pepper flake if you are looking to add more spice.
Slow Cooker Tips
Tip #1: Use homestyle or original-flavor frozen meatballs in this recipe. It is not suggested to use Italian-style frozen meatballs as the sauce would not compliment the flavors.
Tip #2: Easily double this recipe for larger parties if needed! I have doubled and tripled this before, and have turned out perfect.
Tip #3: I suggest using a crockpot liner if you have one with this saucy recipe. It helps prevent sticking to the crockpot and makes cleanup super easy; no scrubbing is required!
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest! 🙂
Turn off your crockpot and allow the grape jelly meatballs to cool completely. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Transfer a portion of the crockpot meatballs to a microwave-safe container and reheat until your desired temperature is achieved. I microwave for 1 minute to start and then continue to reheat in 45-second intervals until ready to eat!
Some of my favorite pairings with these meatballs are rice, mashed potatoes, and noodles, served alone, on buns as sliders, or you can make a meatball sub and add your favorite toppings! The options are endless.
This is all dependent on the temperature of the crockpot and the quantity of ingredients being cooked. If you cook your meatballs on low, the average time it takes mine to be done is around 4-6 hours. If you decide to cook on high, I would check the internal temperature at 2 hours and continue to check until the internal temperature of the meatball reaches 165 degrees F.
If you are using homemade meatballs in this recipe, you need to be sure to use enough binding agents in your meatballs to help them hold together when cooking for a long time in a slow cooker. Binding agents are egg, cracker crumbs, bread, and breadcrumbs. I find that searing my meatballs before cooking them in the slow cooker helps them stay together as well.
Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs with Chili Sauce
- 1 (32-ounce bag) frozen traditional meatballs
- 1 (12-ounce jar) chili sauce
- 1 (8-ounce jar) grape jelly
- Add frozen meatballs to the crock pot then top with chili sauce and then grape jelly.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or high 2 to 3 hours. Meatballs are done when their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Use a can of jellied cranberry sauce or whole berry cranberry sauce.
- TIP: Use homestyle or original flavor frozen meatballs, not Italian style.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve as an appetizer straight out of the crockpot or make sliders with small buns and added provolone cheese. Or, serve over rice with a side of steamed vegetables for a delicious dinner.
- STORAGE: Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for 4 months.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats