Making slow cooker baked potatoes without foil is super easy and a totally hands-off way to cook a tender baked potato. The perfect crock pot side dish recipe - only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need! Let's make them!
Why You'll Love Crock Pot Baked Potatoes without Foil
Yep. No foil. There's no need. Slow cooking potatoes gives them lots of moisture, so there is no need to wrap in foil.
Super Easy. A totally hands-off method of baking potatoes! Only a couple of steps here - wash, dry, rub in butter, add broth or water) and slow cook.
Is it ok to cook baked potatoes in a slow cooker without foil?
Yes! Absolutely. In fact, slow cooking potatoes ensure they are very moist and tender - plus they're so easy to make. Put them in the crock and forget about them till later!
No Foil Baked Potato Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this baked potato recipe:
- Baking Potatoes: I used russet potatoes.
- Butter: use salted or unsalted.
- Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth: either one is fine, water also works.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Bake Potatoes in Crock Pot
Here's how to make this easy slow cooker baked potato recipe:
Prepare the potatoes by washing, drying, pierce the skin with a fork then rub with butter.
Place the potatoes in the crock pot then add broth or water. Cover and slow cook until you can easily pierce with a fork.
How to Serve Baked Potatoes
Serve with butter, salt, and pepper. Make them loaded by topping with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon, and chives.
Meal idea! Serve these crock pot baked potatoes as a side to a grilled steak or this crock pot sirloin steak recipe it makes a wonderful gravy that would be tasty over a buttery baked potato.
Sloppy joe meat makes a great topping for potatoes! So does pulled pork and pulled chicken - add barbecue sauce, maybe some cheese, and even coleslaw. Good stuff! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Tips
Tip #1: Don't forget to pierce the potato skin with a fork.
Tip #2: Potatoes can take up to 9 hours on low. If needed, turn the heat up to high to finish off.
Once the potatoes are cooled store them in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can keep baked potatoes warm in a crock pot. Turn the crock pot to warm. If they are wrapped in foil place them directly into the crock pot. If they are unwrapped, add a little vegetable broth, chicken broth, or water.
Yes! A great way to reheat baked potatoes so they don't dry out is in a crock pot on high heat, with a ⅓ to ½ cup of chicken broth or water. It will take an hour or so to heat through but the high moisture in a crock pot is perfect for reheating baked potatoes.
More Crockpot Vegetable Recipes
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes Without Foil
- 3 to 4-quart crock pot
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Prepare the potatoes by washing then dry them with a paper towel.
- Pierce the skin with a fork then rub with butter.
- Place in the slow cooker and add broth. Cover and slow cook low for 6 to 10 hours or high for 3 to 5 hours.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Omit the broth or water if desired.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with sour cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Make them loaded by adding cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, and chives.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats
Leave a Reply