Calling all mushroom lovers! These buttery crockpot mushrooms with ranch dressing are drool-worthy. An easy 5 ingredient side dish, a quick appetizer, or topping for a thick and juicy steak. YUM.
Why You'll Love Crockpot Ranch Mushrooms
Simply Addicting! My family and I are all mushroom lovers. My family asks me to make this as an appetizer on the weekends all the time! It is a great recipe to bring to a gathering or make to top your favorite steak at home.
Five Simple Ingredients. This recipe has five ingredients; however, you can really make them in three, depending on what ingredients you want to use. You can omit the onions and green pepper if preferred; however, I love the extra flavor they add!
*Check out the variations section below for more ideas on ways to prepare.
Ingredients For Crockpot Mushrooms
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this crockpot ranch mushrooms recipe:
- Butter: salted or unsalted butter work great; use your preference.
- Dry Ranch Dressing: store brand or name brand seasoning both works.
- Onion: use any variety. White, yellow, or Vidalia work great in this recipe.
- Green Bell Pepper: this is optional; I find it adds a little bit of color and great texture to the mushrooms.
- Button Mushrooms: white button mushrooms are what I used in this recipe. You can substitute with baby bella mushrooms as well.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Mushrooms in Crockpot with Ranch
Here's how to make these easy slow cooker ranch mushrooms:
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish on low heat. Stir occasionally. Add ranch seasoning.
2. Place onions and bell pepper on the bottom of the crock pot.
3. Place mushrooms on top, then pour in the melted ranch butter mixture over the top.
4. Cover and cook on low until the onions and mushrooms are tender, about 2 to 3 hours.
Hint: For more tender onions, give them a head start by microwaving them for 5 minutes on high before placing them in the slow cooker.
What To Serve with Buttery Crockpot Ranch Mushrooms
There are several ways you can serve your amazing buttery ranch mushrooms!
Add additional seasonings to taste, such as salt and pepper.
Serve with some shredded parmesan cheese, fresh chopped parsley, or chopped chives.
Can be served as a side dish, an appetizer, or a topping for steaks, or roasts.
Meal idea! One of my favorite meals that I make these mushrooms for is to top off a really delicious steak. Choose your favorite cut of steak and cook until your desired doneness. Scoop the mushrooms over the top of your steak and pair it with a baked potato and a small side salad to start out your meal. Steakhouse at home!
Here are some suggestions for customizing your buttery slow cooker ranch mushrooms:
- Omit the onion and/or the bell pepper if desired.
- Add a cajun seasoning mix, chipotle seasoning, or crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Add a quarter cup of white or red wine to your mushrooms while they are cooking for extra flavor and depth.
- Feel free to add some fresh minced garlic or other seasonings and herbs that you love.
Slow Cooker Tips
Tip #1: Add a cornstarch slurry to your mushrooms to thicken the liquid to a sauce texture that helps coat the mushrooms for more flavor! Use a 1:1 ratio of water to cornstarch and mix together before adding to the crockpot. Add more slurry until your desired thickness is achieved.
Tip #2: For more tender onions, give them a head start by microwaving them for 5 minutes on high before placing them in the slow cooker.
Tip #3: Remove the stems on the mushrooms if preferred. Some people prefer to eat the "button" part only on mushrooms. I personally like them, so I leave them on for our family.
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest! 🙂
Once mushrooms are cooked, they release quite a bit of liquid. You may want to drain the excess liquid before you store them in the fridge for later. Ensure to cool the mushrooms before storing them in an ait-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes, absolutely! They are quite delicious and easy - a totally hands-off side dish to make. They can also be served as an appetizer or a topping for steaks.
Slow Cooker Ranch Mushrooms
- 2 to 3-quart slow cooker
- 1 stick Butter (Cut into pats or cubes)
- 1 packet Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces Button Mushrooms
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish on low heat. Stir occasionally. Add ranch seasoning and mix together.
- Place onions and bell pepper on the bottom of the crock pot. (Tip: for more tender onions, give them a head start by microwaving them for 5 minutes on high before placing them in the slow cooker).
- Place the mushrooms on top then pour the melted ranch butter mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low until the onions and mushrooms are tender, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: omit the onion and/or bell pepper if desired. Try a cajun seasoning mix, or just salt and pepper for the seasoning. A quarter cup of white or red wine may be added. Garlic and fresh herbs may be used as well.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or chives.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats