This crockpot boneless turkey breast with cranberry gravy is super easy and made with only 4 ingredients! This very juicy turkey breast cooks in its own savory and sweet cranberry gravy. So simple. Perfect any day of the week and special enough for the holidays!
The Best Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy
4 Simple Ingredients. You'll love that this recipe is made with only 4 ingredients: turkey breast, canned cranberries, gravy mix, and orange juice are all you need!
Holiday Flavors! There is nothing better than the combination of turkey and cranberries around the holiday time! I love that I can make this recipe for family gatherings around the holiday or any time of year when we are missing it.
Cranberry Gravy. One of the best things about this turkey recipe is that it makes it's own gravy - no work required. It's a wonderful combination of sweet, salty, and savory. Serve over your turkey roast and mashed potatoes - it's delicious!
Ingredients To Make a 3 Pound Boneless Turkey Breast in Crock Pot
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this slow cooker boneless turkey breast recipe:
- Boneless Turkey Breast: use fresh or frozen turkey breast in this recipe. If using frozen, make sure to thaw ahead of time.
- Whole Berry or Jellied Cranberry Sauce: I used canned jellied cranberries because that is what I had on hand, but whole berries will work just as good sauce for this recipe. You can use this homemade cranberry sauce if you prefer - it's so delicious!
- Packet of Brown Gravy Mix: use a brown gravy mix packet.
- Orange Juice: you can use any brand or type of orange juice. I would suggest using quality orange juice without pulp.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Substitutions and Variations
- Use cranberry juice in place of orange juice.
- Use jellied canned cranberries or whole-berry cranberry sauce if desired.
- Add herbs to the slow cooker, such as oregano, thyme, or rosemary.
- Substitute chicken breasts for turkey breasts if you can't find them at your grocery store.
- A pork loin or tenderloin roast may be substituted. Cook until it reaches 140 degrees. Tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest! 🙂
How To Make Boneless Turkey Breast in Crock Pot
Here's how to make this easy crockpot turkey breast:
- Mix together cranberry sauce, orange juice, and gravy mix.
2. Place turkey in crockpot and top with cranberry gravy mix.
3. Cover and cook on low until done. Remove the turkey and place it on a board. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
Hint: Make sure to check the internal temperature of your turkey breast with an instant-read thermometer to determine the proper doneness. Remove the turkey at 160 degrees so that when you let it rest covered in foil, it rises to 165 degrees F. This prevents it from overcooking and keeps it juicy and tender!
How to Serve
Serve this turkey breast roast sliced and covered with cranberry gravy.
Pair with your favorite holiday favorites such as mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green beans.
Garnish with sliced green onion or chives, toasted walnuts, or crumbled goat cheese.
Meal idea! Have multiple crock pots? Try these crockpot mashed potatoes with cream cheese and sour cream recipe to serve with this turkey breast! You could also serve with crockpot stuffing, slow cooker brussel sprouts or green beans--simply delicious!
Allow the turkey and gravy to cool, and then transfer it to an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Place your desired amount of leftovers on a microwave-safe plate and reheat in 30-second increments until your desired temperature is reached. I highly suggest using a cover to prevent the gravy from splattering when heating.
Yes, it is! You can cook your turkey on top of vegetables or in a braising liquid like chicken or vegetable broth. You just want to make sure you cook your turkey until the internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees F.
For best results, adding a liquid such as chicken broth to the bottom of the slow cooker adds moisture to the turkey. Additionally, you can sear the turkey breast before slow cooking. This step will help seal in the natural juices, so it keeps your turkey breast juicy and tender.
I find it is better to cook the turkey breast on low as this allows the moisture to stay in the turkey breast for the best result. When you cook on high, it cooks the turkey faster, which releases more moisture and leads to a drier turkey breast.
Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast with Gravy
- 1 3 pound boneless turkey breast
- 1 (14-ounce) can jellied or whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 envelope gravy mix
- ¼ cup orange juice
- In a medium-sized bowl add cranberry sauce, orange juice, and the envelope of gravy mix. Stir together. (Break apart the cranberries if you need to.)
- Place turkey in crockpot and top with cranberry gravy sauce.
- Cover and slow cook 5 to 6 hours, or until the internal temperature of the turkey breast reaches 160℉ when tested with a meat thermometer. Remove turkey and place on a board. Cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- TOP TIPS: Use an instant read thermometer to determine doneness. Remove from the oven when it reaches 160 degrees in it's center. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise to the safe temperature of 165 degrees.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve sliced with gravy. Pairs well with mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green beans.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats