Crock Pot Ham with Coke
The most delicious and EASY ham recipe you'll ever make in a slow cooker!
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola (I used Coke but any brand will do, as well as sugar free)
- 1 (3 to 4-pound) spiral sliced ham
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
Crock Pot Ham
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Remove ham from packaging and place sliced side down in the pot. If your ham comes with a glaze packet, you can toss it. Pour cola and 1 tablespoon bourbon over the top of the ham.
- Cover and turn the crockpot to low. Cook until the ham's temperature reaches 140 degrees. This will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes per pound. Check temperature after 1-½ hours.
- Once that ham is heated, remove it from slow cooker, tent with foil and let rest. Reserve 1 cup of juices from the crockpot for the glaze.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze
- In a saucepan or skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup of the juices from the slow cooker, 1 tablespoon bourbon, and brown sugar.
- Bring the glaze to a gentle rolling boil over medium-high. Frequently stir with a whisk until the liquid is reduced by half and is slightly thickened. Let the mixture cool.
- Using a brush or spoon, brush the glaze evenly all over the outside and between the slices of the cooked ham.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- NOTES: The brown sugar and butter can easily burn in the glaze if boiled at too high of a temperature. Simmer over medium to medium-high and stir frequently.
- VARIATIONS: A bone-in ham may be used, but make sure it fits in your crock pot and serves between 6 and 8 people.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
Calories: 402kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 25gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1397mgPotassium: 345mgSugar: 17gVitamin A: 175IUCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats
Leave a Reply