Dessert couldn't get much easier than this 3-ingredient crock pot peach cobbler with cake mix! While it's short on ingredients - it's not short on taste. 😉 You will love the moist spiced cake mix paired with simple canned peaches. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and this comforting dessert is a dream!
Why You Will Love Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
3 ingredient easy. This crock pot dessert couldn't be any easier! No muss no fuss. Just dump the peaches in, sprinkle the cake mix on top, then top with butter.
Best flavor. The combination of spice cake mix with the tart peaches - divine! The spice cake mix has all the spices you need for this dessert - no extra needed.
🥘 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Peach Cobber
Here's what you'll need to make this 3 ingredient crock pot peach cobbler with cake mix:
- Spice Cake Mix: spice cake has a wonderful flavor when paired with the peaches.
- Canned Peaches: use canned peach in heavy syrup. I used three cans. One can of peaches should be drained so to prevent too much liquid in the pot.
- Butter: of course. you gotta have butter. I just placed pats of butter on top, but you could also melt it and drizzle for more coverage.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
Here's how to make this super easy 3 ingredient crock pot peach cobbler with cake mix:
1. Drain the juice from one can of peaches. Add all of the peaches to the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Sprinkle with cake mix.
3. Place butter on top.
4. Slow cook until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
For the full recipe, please see the printable recipe card below.
🥗 How to Serve It
Here are several ways you can serve crock pot peach cobbler:
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Here are some suggestions for customizing your dish:
- I also made this with a yellow cake mix, but you need to add spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg to the peaches to get that same taste.
💭 Slow Cooker Tips
Tip #1: Resist the urge to lift the lid off the crock pot until after 2 hours so as not to lose any heat.
To store leftovers, let the cobbler cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
To freeze crock pot peach cobbler, let it cool, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
Place each serving in a microwave safe dish and heat on 50% power for 20 to 30 seconds at time until warmed through.
Easy Crock Pot Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
- 3 (15-ounce) cans sliced peaches in 100% juice (drain the liquid from one of the cans)
- 1 (15.2-ounce) box spiced cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter (cut into 8 equal pats)
- Drain the liquid from 1 can of peaches. In a 6-quart crock pot, layer the canned peaches on the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle the dry spice cake mix evenly over the top of the peaches.
- Place the pats of butter on top. (Alternatively, you can melt the butter and drizzle over the top.)
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or until done. (Cake is done when a knife inserted in the center top of the cake comes out clean.)
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- NOTES: do not lift the lid for at least 2 hours. Check doneness with a toothpick insert in the cake mix - it should come out clean.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats
Leave a Reply