The most delicious crock pot sirloin steak and gravy - WITH only 5 simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes prep time. Tender sirloin steak, thick gravy served over mashed potatoes. I know, right? It's like Sunday supper - but in the middle of the week!
Why You'll Love Top Sirloin Steak in Crock Pot
Tender. Sirloin steak is the perfect steak for a crock pot. It does so much better when it's cooked low and slow - and given time to tenderize.
Delicious. The combination of ranch seasoning, gravy mix, and balsamic vinegar, gives this steak the most awesome flavor.
Easy. Mix the sauces then dump it all in my friends! No special trick. Thicken the gravy if needed by adding more cornstarch at the end.
🥘 Ingredients You'll Need To Make This Slow Cooker Sirloin Steak
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this top sirloin steak in crock pot recipe:
- Top Sirloin Steak: round steak or flank steak may also be used.
- Low Sodium Beef Broth: beef broth or beef stock my be used. It is best to use low sodium because the higher salt content of the ranch seasoning and brown gravy.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix: a simple ready-made seasoning mix.
- Balsamic Vinegar: helps to tenderize the meat and give it a little tang. Worcestershire can also be substituted.
- Brown Gravy Mix: any brand of dried brown gravy mix. I used brown gravy mix over an au jus mix for its thickening ingredients that it contains.
- Cornstarch: used to thicken the gravy.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make Crock Pot Sirloin Steak
Here's how to make this easy top sirloin steak in crock pot recipe:
1. Whisk all the sauce and seasoning ingredients together.
2. Place the sliced sirloin steak in the crock pot.
3. Pour the sauce over the top of the steak. Cover and slow cook on low until the steak is done and tender.
4. Remove the steak and thicken the gravy with more cornstarch if needed. Serve and enjoy!
🍽️ How to Serve It
There are several ways you can serve your fabulous crock pot sirloin steak dinner!
Season to taste then garnish with fresh parsley or chives.
Meal idea! Serve your crock pot sirloin steak over mashed potatoes with a side of sweet corn or peas.
Other side dishes that pair well with sirloin steak:
- Roasted potatoes
- Steamed vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, and carrots.
- Rice or riced cauliflower
- Roasted vegetables
Here are some suggestions for customizing your slow cooker steak:
- Add red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. Substituting Worcestershire for the balsamic vinegar will also add a little spice.
- Bump up the flavor with garlic powder or onion powder.
- Butter can be added to give it even more richness and flavor.
- Sliced fresh carrots and potatoes can be added directly to the pot to cook alongside the sirloin steak.
- Onion soup mix can be substituted for the brown gravy mix. Additional cornstarch will be needed.
Be sure to pin this pin to Pinterest to save for later! 🙂
💭 Slow Cooker Tips
Tip #1: adjust any seasoning to your taste.
Tip #2: Do not remove the lid until at least 4 hours are up. You will lose 20 minutes of cooking time each time the lid is removed.
Tip#3: If you want to thicken the gravy and the steak is cooked, remove the steak with a slotted spoon, set aside, and keep warm. Turn the crock pot to high. Whisk together 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to the pot and stir together. Cook with the lid off until desired thickness is reached.
Once cooled transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days, or freeze for 4 months (make sure your container is freezer safe). Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
You can reheat in your crock pot on low heat, or you can heat portions in the microwave on 50% power, covered until warm.
More Crock Pot Beef Recipes
- Best Meat Loaf in a Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
- Crock Pot American Goulash Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Sloppy Joes Recipe
Sirloin Steak Crock Pot Recipe
- 2 pounds sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 packet beef gravy mix
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch (optional thickener)
- In a small bowl, whisk beef broth, vinegar, gravy mix, ranch dressing, and cornstarch together.
- Place the sliced sirloin steak in the crock pot. Pour the sauce over the top of the steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until the steak is done and tender.
- Remove the steak and thicken the gravy with more cornstarch, if needed. Serve and enjoy!
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Sliced carrots and halved baby potatoes can cook with the steak. Thicken the gravy if needed using additional cornstarch whisked with water.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Season to taste and garnish with fresh parsley or chives. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice with a side of sweet corn or sweet peas.
© 2023 Slow Cooked Eats
Leave a Reply